- F87 M2 Production dates:
- Öhlins “Road and Track” Kit
- 3DM Motorsport Öhlins “Road and Track Kit RTR” (Ready to Run)
- 3DM Motorsport “Road Sport” Kit
- 3DM Motorsport “TrackDay” Kit
- 3DM Motorsport/Öhlins Dedicated Track Kit
- 3DM Motorsport Öhlins TTX Motorsport Kit
WHICH SUSPENSION KIT IS FOR ME?
Everyone is a little bit different, or perhaps a lot different. Driving styles differ, mechanical skills differ, car upgrade paths differ, the list goes on. Before recommending a kit to someone these are some of the questions we ask…
What is your Personality?Are you a “gearhead” and like to tinker with your suspension or do you like to leave it alone and enjoy it for what it is?
What is the Use Case? How do you use your car… is it a daily driver, occasional “Sunday” driver, a dual duty street/track car, or a dedicated track car?
What level of NVH can you tolerate?
When discussing suspensions, you have probably heard the term NVH which stands for Noise, Vibration, and Harshness. For example stiff springs and damper valving can be harsh while spherical bearing mounts can create excessive noise. It is important to remember that other pieces of the suspension puzzle such as differential or subframe bushings can also affect NVH.
We suggest thinking through the answers to the above questions and then browsing our kit options below to see what best fits your needs. We are always an email or phone call away if you have any questions. Contact Us
Please note that all of our kits are customizable. If you wish to swap out a part of any kit, please Contact Us and we can build a kit specific to your needs.
Coilover Kit Details
ÖHLINS ROAD AND TRACK RTR KIT
(Ready To Run)
These are the basic kits out of the box and un-assembled. This is what you will find on most other eCommerce sites which are drop shipped straight from Öhlins.
These kits are designed to use the OEM mounts. Depending on your application, you may need special tools such as a spring compressor to dismantle your old suspension if you intend to reuse the original OEM mounts. Alternately, you can purchase new mounts and the associated specialty hardware before assembly. You will need to be fairly mechanical savvy to install this kit, otherwise we recommend a professional shop perform the install and setup.
Assuming you use OEM mounts, these kits will have factory like NVH. The spring rates are increased so there will be some slight increase in harshness.
- Front struts with lower and upper spring perches
- Rear dampers
- Front Öhlins spring: (Rate: 90 N/mm - 514 lbs/in)
- Rear Öhlins spring: (Rate: 190 N/mm - 1085 lbs/in)
- Rear height adjuster
- Height adjuster wrenches
- Mounting instructions
- Ohlins sticker and plaque book
3DM MOTORSPORT “ROADSPORT” KIT
(STREET FOCUSED, TRACK FRIENDLY)
The 3DM Motorsport “Road Sport” kit is a slightly toned down version of the Öhlins Road and Track Kit yet still packs a punch on twisty back roads and the track. We have reduced the spring rates (Swift Brand) a touch to make commuting to work or cruising around town a little more comfortable. We also took the opportunity to use a shorter spring in the front which allows for a wider wheel fitment. Road testing, track testing, and shaker rig knowledge showed that we needed to re-valve the rear shock to match the rear spring. The front valving worked great so we left that at the “Road and Track” spec.
- Front Swift Spring: 80 N/mm (450 lb/in)
- Rear Swift Spring: 160 N/mm (913 lbs/in)
- Includes original Öhlins 2 year warranty.
- Fully serviceable
- OEM Wheel/tire Fitment. (No spacers required)
- Aftermarket Wheel/Tire Fitment. (No spacers required)
- Front and Rear (Square setup): 18x10 ET25 wheel with 275 wide tires
Tested Ride Height Spec: (center of wheel to fender arch)
- Front: 363 mm
- Rear: 350 mm
3DM MOTORSPORT DEDICATED TRACK KIT
(COMPETITIVE, NOT COMPLICATED)
These kits have been designed for cars that see nothing but track use. They are similar in fitment to our TrackDay Series kits but with much higher spring rates and valving to match including a modified Dual Flow Valve setup.
- Front Swift spring: (Rate: 120 N/mm - 685 lbs/in)
- Rear Swift spring: (Rate: 220 N/mm - 1256 lbs/in)
- Spherical adjustable camber plates
- Optional Spring thrust sheets or spring thrust bearings
- Öhlins rear ride height adjuster and spring perches
ÖHLINS TTX MOTORSPORT KIT
(THE ULTIMATE TRACK SUSPENSION)
Under Development - Coming Soon!
Contact Us for details and to be put on a notification list
TTX 46 CR Strut / TTX 36 IL Damper Package
These are for the serious track car or race car looking for the extra edge. TTX is a twin tube damper that is fully pressure balanced eliminating the risk of cavitation, enabling the use of low gas pressure which keeps friction at bay. The low amount of hysteresis results in excellent short stroke/high force performance.
The TTX 46 strut is featured heavily in GT, sports car and touring car racing. The concept of this damper features a 46 mm solid piston with a through rod of 30 mm, providing a rigid and lightweight strut. To further improve the rigidity, the outer tube is made from a special aluminium alloy.
The TTX 36 damper has an integral reservoir that makes it very compact, there are no external reservoirs or hoses to route around the multi-link rear suspension of the F8X design.
This setup is similar to what is found on the BMW Factory M4 GT4 racecar.
- Comes as 2 way adjustable: Low speed compression and rebound
- Can be upgraded to 3 or 4 way with the addition of high speed adjusters.
- Additional blow off valve available for each damper. The blow off kit reduces peak loads, makes driving over curbs much smoother and in the end saves tires and reduces the risk for flat tires.
TTX 46 MT Strut / TTX 40 MK II Damper package
This is ultimate suspension money can buy. The TTX 46 MT and TTX 40, both with through rod technology, come configured as a 4 way with low and high speed rebound and compression adjusters as well as a blow off valve.
These are the dampers that come on the BMW Factory M6 GT# and M8 racecars.