Hyperco Coil-Over Springs are high-performance, aftermarket suspension springs primarily used in Motorsports and Motor Racing. Hyperco’s coil-over springs, also known as Hypercoils™, offer a wide range of free lengths and rates which provide the suspension designer latitude in creating a motion ratio for the suspension system that will permit an optimized damper or spring assembly to control a wide range of wheel travel.
Optimum Body Diameter (OBD)
Optimum Body Diameter is the standard spring design for Hyperco coil-over springs. Featuring a unique design concept that adjusts the body diameter of the spring relative to the end coils, an OBD spring enables Hyperco to take full advantage of our ultra-high tensile spring materials by optimizing the applied stress through adjusting the spring’s body diameter.
Key Benefits of Hypercoils OBD Coil-Over Springs
- More usable deflection
- Less weight than standard suspension springs
- 2% rate linearity tolerance from 20% to 60% of deflection
- 4% rate linearity tolerance from 61% to 80% of deflection
- More resistant to bowing than competitor’s springs
- Designed to fit all standard hardware
- Maintain free length and rate throughout a near infinite operational life
- Material: High tensile chrome silicone
- Finish: Hyperco dark blue powder coat
Coil Over Spring Details
These springs have a 2.5 inch top and bottom coil to fit 2.5 inch spring perches. They have been confirmed to fit Ohlins Road and Track 65mm spring perches.