Before purchasing this service item, please Contact Us with your service needs. Typically we will send you a service form and invoice to ensure you receive the correct service for the best price for your Öhlins dampers.
A suspension is a moving mechanical device. Just like an engine, the oil breaks down and parts wear out. Service intervals are dependent on may factors such as environment (salty roads), road quality (pot holes), type of use (street or track), and more. Please Contact Us and we can aid in what re-build service interval is best for you.
DFV Dampers: Includes Road and Track and Dedicated Track
- DFV standard dampers are your traditional damper where all wear items (other than mounting) are internal. Pricing is standardized and parts are included.
- DFV struts are inverted dampers typically found on MacPherson strut suspensions. These dampers have both internal and external (guide bushing) wear items. The main damper is inverted and housed in an outer strut tube that is guided by bushings. If your suspension sees mainly street use, these bushings may only need to be replaced every second service interval. If your suspension sees a lot of track use, the side loads from cornering tend to wear the bushings out quicker and these bushing may need to be replaced every service interval. Pricing is standardized and parts are included.
STX Motorsport Dampers: Single Tube (aka mono tube)
- STX dampers come in many varieties such as standard dampers, strut dampers, both of which have external reservoir options. Due to the many different types and configurations, pricing is hourly based and parts are additional.
TTX Motorsport Dampers: Twin Tube
- TTX dampers come in both standard and strut based setups with 2, 3, and 4 way adjustability as well as blow off valves. Due to the many different types and configurations, pricing is hourly based and parts are additional.
DFV Dampers: Pricing based on a pair of dampers (Qty2 ). Pricing includes parts.
- DFV Standard dampers $250
- DFV Strut damper (internals only): $250
- DFV Strut guide bushings (includes scraper seal): $200 (Set of 2)
All Öhlins Motorsport dampers (STX, TTX, Rally, etc): Pricing based on hourly basis. Pricing does NOT include parts.
Additional pricing notes:
- 20% off all rebuild services on Öhlins kits purchased new from 3DM Motorsport
- Please note that items such as top mount bearings, bushings, and clicker knobs fall under 'Repair Service'.