Loctite 243 10ml Bottle: This will do an entire suspension on a vehicle
Loctite 243 0.5ml capsule: This will do anywhere from 4 to 10 bolts depending on the size of bolt
LOCTITE 243 is a medium strength blue threadlocking adhesive that seals and secures metal nuts and bolts to prevent loosening due to shock and vibration.
LOCTITE 243 Thread locker offers all of the performance properties of the original LOCTITE 242 product, plus more...
- Lock nuts and bolts against vibration and thermal expansion
- Seal against corrosion
- Suitable for all shapes and sizes of fasteners
- Act as a thread lubricant during torquing
- High temperature performance able to withstand temperatures up to 360°F (182°C)
- Improved cure performance on oil-contaminated surfaces
- Cure without primer, even on inactive surfaces such as stainless steel
- High chemical resistance
Example Use Case:
Many aftermarket camber plates use "T" nuts where the nut extends down into the spherical bearing to attach to the top pin of the damper. These nuts are custom made and typically do not have any locking mechanism. This requires use of a thread locking mechanism such as LOCTITE®243
- Color: Blue
- Fixture Time: 5 - 10 min.
- Full Cure Temperature: 77 °F
- Key Characteristics: Thixotropic
- Temperature: -65 - 360 °F
- Thread Size (Maximum): R3/4"
- Torque Break on M10 Steel: 230 in./lb.
- Torque Prevail on M10 Steel: 40 in./lb.
- Viscosity: 1300 - 3000
- Viscosity Temperature: 77 °F